COVID-19 & Return to Play
MHRA Return to Ringette Q & A- September 21st, 2021
What is the Restrictions Exemption Program?
Is Ringette Alberta (RAB) or MHRA (including coaches) mandating COVID-19 vaccinations or asking for proof of COVID-19 vaccinations?
- RAB and MHRA have not implemented a mandatory vaccination policy.
- MHRA may be required to collect information such as confirmation of vaccination, confirmation of negative paid for Rapid Test, or a medical exemption letter. Some facilities that are participating in the REP require the event organizers or teams to manage this information. More information can be found in the Ringette Alberta document- link above.
Is a player or coach required to disclose that they have tested positive for COVID-19?
- No, however it is recommended that participants (players and coaches) self declare this information using the confidential “Self Reported COVID-19 Notification Process”
- Everyone is required to comply with isolation requirements - which can be found here.
Will I be notified if a coach or player from my team tests positive for COVID-19?
- Yes, if the player or coach self declares their positive test result through the MHRA “COVID-19 Positive Case Self Reporting Process”. The name of the positive player or coach will be kept strictly confidential and will not be shared with anyone on the team.
- Affected team members will be notified by email that there is a positive case on their team along with the possible exposure date. Affected team members will be instructed to monitor for symptoms and contact 811 with any questions or concerns.
Where do I find more information on safety protocols and restrictions that affect Ringette?
- We will continuously update our “COVID-19 Safety Guidance Document” which will be available on our website.
- This document will include things like mandatory masking, physical distancing requirements etc.
Are players 18 and over eligible to participate in Ringette as of September 20th?
- Based on information currently available from RAB and the GOA these players may only participate in facilities that have adopted the “Restriction Exemption Program”.
Is a coach or player able to attend Ringette if they are identified as a “Household Contact”?
- Please refer to the current “Alberta Health Daily Checklist” and the Health Assessment in the RAMP Team App to determine if you are eligible to attend.